Have you booked your seat?
Global Business Solutions’ Annual Labour Law Update is the premier labour law event of the year which will tell you all that you need to know about what has been happening on the labour law front over the past six months in terms of both legislative amendments and case law.
Labour law expert and CEO of Global Business Solutions, Jonathan Goldberg, leads the discussion at the seminars which will be taking place in 6 cities across South Africa and which will be attended by more than 600 delegates. With more than 30 years’ experience at the forefront of the changing labour law landscape as well as leading negotiations at plant, industry and NEDLAC levels Jonathan has handpicked the most relevant cases that could have a significant impact on your organisation.
What will be discussed?
During the one-day seminar, Jonathan will unpack recent labour law amendments, arbitration awards, Labour Court and Constitutional Court rulings and share his unique insight into matters such as:
- NEDLAC policy shifts
- Dismissals and derivative misconduct
- Collective bargaining and strikes
- Processes, including alternative dispute resolution
- Employment Equity targets
- Governing Fixed-Term Contracts and Temporary Employment Services
- Changing terms and conditions of employment in the face of financial headwinds, what is required in the view of the Labour Court?
Jonathan will also discuss specific sections of the Labour Relations Act, including:
- Organisational Rights
- Strikes and lock-outs
- Collective agreements
- Resolution of disputes under auspices of Commission
- Labour Court
- Unfair dismissal
- General provision
In addition to the above, Jonathan (who is the Nedlac Labour Market Chamber Convenor for business) will guide delegates through recent amendments to legislation such as the amendments to the Employment Equity Act and the amended B-BBEE Codes. As a member of the National Minimum Wage Commission, Jonathan will also be sharing an update on the National Minimum Wage Act. Furthermore, as the business lead on the NHI task team he can shed light on the developments in this space.
Why you need to attend
The Annual Labour Law Update has been running with great success for the last 20+ years and past delegates are very enthusiastic about the benefit that they get from this event and the learnings that they are able to take back to their companies. Click here to view feedback from past delegates.
Each delegate will receive:
- A case law pack consisting of summaries of the cases that Jonathan will discuss, as well as a printed copy of his presentation
- A unique transactional analysis tool to improve communication and interactions in the workplace
The Annual Labour Law Update will be taking place on the following dates:
- 5 November – East London
- 7 November – Durban
- 12 November – Port Elizabeth
- 13 November – Johannesburg
- 15 November – Cape Town
- 20 November – Bloemfontein