South African businesses are continuously revisiting their workforce strategies and structures as disruptors take their toll on inflexible employment models. Fixed-term contracts (FTC’s) remain at the forefront of flexible employment solutions. Although they are extremely valuable and legitimate, they have become highly regulated by statute and case law adjudications.
This workshop is ideal for:
Line managers, HR practitioners, LR practitioners, consultants, unions, employment administrators, TES owners, managers and business development managers.
This workshop will help delegates gain a better understanding of how to manage the end-to-end fixed-term contract value proposition to increase business performance, including financial performance, skills availability, risk mitigation and transformation. It will also give delegates the knowledge to help ensure that they act within the bounds of the law when FTC’s become long- term, recurring and/or inter-twined between assignments.
- The legal requirements for entering into FTC’s
- The legitimate reasons for entering into FTC’s
- How long is a fixed-term and will a project description suffice?
- What are the key clauses to be included in a FTC?
- How is the duration of a FTC determined when there are breaks between assignments?
- When is it legally required to retrench and pay severance?
- Is severance pay the same as termination pay?
- What does the CCMA have to say about FTC do’s and don’ts?
- Delegates will also receive a Fixed-Term Contract template and management framework.
- Port Elizabeth
- Workshop Price:
- All public courses are subject to minimum delegate numbers
- 1 Days
- 10 July 2019
- 08h30 for 09h00
- R 2 900 (Excl. VAT)
- Global Business Solutions PE Office, Block 4, Waterfront Business Park, Pommern Street, Humerail
Click Below For Other Dates: