King IV & Protected Disclosures Act
Does your organisation have the necessary procedures in place to deal with protected disclosures in accordance to the law?
This course is ideal for:
Directors, BEE Managers, Corporate Strategists, Transformation Managers, General/Senior and Financial Managers, HR Managers and Practitioners.
The workshop will equip delegates with the practical skills and knowledge to apply the Protected Disclosures Act in their organisations by establishing and implementing the necessary procedures and also provide an overview of the King IV Philosophy, Principles, Practices and Outcomes and provide more insight and understanding as to why this has become the benchmark for corporate governance in South Africa.
- Purpose and objectives of the Act
- To whom does the Act apply?
- Qualification as a protected disclosure under the Act
- When does information qualify as a “disclosure”?
- Legal protection
- How the LRA enforces protection
- Protection for whistle blowers
- Establishing a whistle blowing procedure
- Recent judgements
- Corporate Governance
- Governance Principles, Outcomes and Practices
- King Code – 16 Principles of Recommended Practices
Part 1: Leadership, Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
Part 2: Strategy, Performance and Reporting
Part 3: Governing Structures and Delegation
- Port Elizabeth
- Workshop Price:
- • All public courses are subject to minimum delegate numbers
- 1 Days
- 8 October 2019
- Global Business Solutions PE Office, Block 4 Waterfront Business Park, Pommern Street, Humerail
- 08h30 for 09h00
- R 2 900 (Excluding VAT)