Project Management Advanced
The programme is practical and includes various work-based case studies and exercises. The last day of the programme includes a special focus on Project Proposals.
This course is ideal for:
Business owners, HR Managers, General/Senior Managers and Line Managers, Training Managers, as well as Procurement Managers.
Delegates who attend this course will be able to begin operating in a project environment by
understanding the terminology used and interpreting and explaining fundamental concepts of project management.
This programme is aligned to the following Unit Standards:
- Explain Fundamentals of project management (Unit Standard ID 120372 NQF4 – 5 credits)
- Apply a range of project management tools and techniques (Unit Standard ID 120385 NQF4 – 7 Credits)
- Nature of projects
- Characteristics of project
- Project and non-project work
- Project life-cycle
- Reasons for undertaking projects
- Types of projects
- Nature and application of Project Management
- Project Management defined
- Project Management process
- Structures in projects
- Concept of programme and hierarchies
- Organisational structures
- Matrix of functional structures
- Project structures
- Process and activities
- Supplementary management processes
- Reasons for planning and controlling projects
- Project management tools and techniques: Identification; Planning; Activities and dependencies; PPERT; GANT chart;
- Desktop calendar; Project budgeting; Input to cost budgeting.
- This workshop is offered as a public, or in-house workshop that can be customised to suit your organisation’s needs.
- Please contact your nearest GBS office for a comprehensive quotation.
- Public courses are subject to minimum numbers.
- Global Business Solutions is a SSETA, ETDP & SABPP Accredited Training Provider.