Welcome to the next edition of the labour newsflash.
Thank you all for your support at our Mid-Year Labour Law Update. This year proved to be the most well-attended national run in the history of the seminar. This would not have been possible without you.
We have reinvigorated the event format to ensure that – after attending the seminar – you are well equipped to navigate the employment landscape. All delegates received case law packs before the event and were encouraged to submit questions during the breaks for us to answer. This interaction proved to be extremely successful.
We would like to share with you some of the lessons that came through:
- We need to focus on upskilling our employees – especially our line managers – on policies and procedures, including disciplinary procedures.
- The National Minimum Wage – R20 per hour – will become effective in May 2018.
- Amendments to the Labour Relations Act are in the pipeline.
- The proposed amendments to the BCEA provide for 10 weeks of adoption leave when you adopt a child.
- Restraints of trade must be narrow and applicable for a finite amount of time.
At Global Business Solutions, we provide a cradle-to-grave service. As such, we would like to invite you to be part of our next intake for our Masters (MOTI) programme applied to Labour Law in association with the Da Vinci Institute. This programme is at NQF level 9 and will provide you with a thorough knowledge of labour law. To leave us your details for one of our consultants to contact you about our Masters programme, click here.
We value your continued support and are always available to answer any of your labour law-related queries.
We hope that you have a good weekend.
Till next time
Johnny & Grant